As a member of the Cape Fear Audubon Society you will be kept informed on local, state, and national governmental policies and actions affecting the natural environment and conservation of natural resources. Our conservation policy is coordinated with that of National Audubon Society and Audubon North Carolina.

These are two issues Cape Fear Audubon has been historically interested in.

1. North Carolina International Containter Terminal in Southport.
Ken Karn is the Cape Fear Audubon Society's point person for collecting information about the proposed North Carolina International Terminal near Southport in Brunswick County. He is looking for volunteers to help perform research on the various environmental issues surrounding the port. Volunteers should be well versed in online research methodology and be able to write a clear and concise abstract of their findings. For more information, or to volunteer, please contact Ken at or by phone
International Port letter (PDF)
Response to International Port letter (PDF) at 910-269-8970.

2. Titan Cement Plant in Castle Hayne.
Jack Spruill,, 910-270-3140 or Cindy Yates,
Titan Cement Plant letter (PDF)

ELECTED OFFICIALS you might want to contact

President of Vice President
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500
Comments: 202-456-1111
Switchboard: 202-456-1414
Fax: 202-456-2461

US Senator
Click on above link
Use the "Choose a State" icon to choose North Carolina
Result (for both NC senators): address, phone number, link to send email

US House of Representative
Click on above link; enter your zip code
Result: name of representative, address, phone number, email icon for sending message

North Carolina Governor
Click on the above
To send an email: Click on the "Contact" icon
To send stamp mail: use address at bottom of page

North Carolina General Assembly
Click on above link; click on county (New Hanover for Wilmington):
Result: contact infomation for House and Senate members.
Note: If you are not sure of your district, click on House/Senate member and a map of their area is shown.

Also the website has contact information for all U.S. elected officials and government agencies. Go to website, click the Contact Government, then click Contact Elected Official.